Based on Traffic Safety year plan of National Traffic safety committee, Toyota Motor Vietnam (TMV), Toyota Vietnam Foundation (TVF) in cooperation with Department of Primary Education (Ministry of Education & Training - MOET) continue the “Toyota Traffic Safety Education Program” year 2014 -2015 and the 4th International Dream car drawing contest.
Being one of the four main activities within framework of Toyota Vietnam Foundation, “Toyota Traffic Safety Education Program” (also called TSEP) is the first program to be implemented in the whole country with the aim of educating the traffic safety awareness for primary pupils nationwide. Annually operating from year 2005 – 2006, with the spirit of “learn through playing, play to learn”, TSEP has provided new teaching methods with interesting and helpful documents. In this way, learning traffic safety becomes more attractive, interesting and easy for pupils to remember.
In the 10th year, TSEP program continues to implement 3 meaningful activities:
1. Provincial Traffic safety contest year 2014-2015 for teachers and primary pupils in 8 provinces including: Lao Cai, Nam Dinh, Thanh Hoa, Da Nang, Lam Dong, Dak Lak, Binh Duong and Hau Giang from Mar to Apr 2015.
2. National Traffic safety festival year 2014-2015 for teachers and primary pupils in 10 provinces selected from provincial contest and provinces which are good at traffic safety education and socialization. This festival is expected to be held at the end of April 2015.
3. The 4th Toyota International Dream Car drawing contest.
With the aim of continuously improving the program quality, contents of this year’s program are designed with high practical knowledge and skills for the children to apply in real traffic. Especially, this year’s contests encourage teachers to show talents as well as creativeness in using visual handmade teaching aids to make it more effectively and easily to the children, bringing high effect to Traffic Safety Education at schools. Beside, many other activities will be held to attract the participation of parents as well as to share more traffic safety skills.
Besides, this year, the 4th Toyota Traffic safety picture drawing contest – “Dream car contest” is held for pupils under 15 years old in the whole country. This contest contains 2 rounds: national round and international round:
- National round to be held from February 25th to March 25th of 2015. Deadline is 5pm of 25th March, 2014 (by post stamp). Prize awarding ceremony will be held on the end of April, 2015 Competitors can apply the competition by individual request or request by group (maximum at 3 members per group).
- International round to be held from April of 2015. 09 best pictures of the National contest will be submitted to Japan. This year contest is expected to have 90 countries as competitors and the winners of “Toyota Dream Car Art Contest”, and two of their guardians will be invited to attend the Awarding Ceremony and one Japan tour to be held in August, 2015 in Japan.
Especially, after 3 years of operation, competitors from Vietnam also received many prizes from Toyota international Dream car contest in Japan: 01 silver prize from 2012 (first operation year) for Linh Khanh Le (under 10 years old, student of Nguyen Luong Bang primary school, Hai Duong province) with a picture named “A car for people who suffered from flood”, 01 consolation prize from 2013 for Nam Vu Huy (under 8 years old, student of Tran Nhat Duat primary school, Hanoi) with a picture named “multi-purposed car”. Especially, 1 gold prize from 2014 for Mai Bui Thanh (under 8 years old), first grade of Le Hong Phong Primary school, Tam Diep town, Ninh Binh province.