As a member of Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), TMV has always strategized economic development while focusing on environmental protection and social contribution
Environmental protection activities are carried out by TMV not only in manufacturing factory, but also in our suppliers and dealers and all logistics processes to create a business chain caring for environment. TMV’s environmental committee consists of specialized environmental sub-committees, reporting to Board of Director twice a year, so that environmental protection is always up-to-date and policies are timely directed to get the best results.
Chính sách môi trường TMV (Ảnh Lễ ký cam kết môi trường)
- Purchasing sub-committee: promoting environmental activities of suppliers
- Production sub-committee: promoting environmental activities of TMV’s plant
- Sales and service sub-committee: promoting environmental activities of dealers
- Logistics sub-committee: promoting environmental operation of logistic stages
- Social contribution sub-committee: promoting environmental activities in the community
During 24 years in Vietnam, TMV has always focused on activities to minimize environmental impacts through the entire life cycle of products from production to sales and use. TMV’s environmental policy has been developed and implemented with focus on 4 main objectives:
- Reducing CO2 emissions on new models
- Eliminating CO2 emissions throughout the car life cycle
- The plant does not emit CO2
- Effectively using of water resources
- Building technology and recycling system
- Building a society in harmony with nature
In particular, this policy is also applied to organizations, individuals, contractors and suppliers that cooperate with TMV
Along with the investment that goes toward in developing its production system, TMV also makes non-stop efforts in researching and investing in eco-friendly technologies at its plant; raising awareness of environmental protection for all employees. As a result, in May 1999, TMV had the honor to be the first automobile manufacturer in Vietnam to receive ISO 14001 certification Environmental Management System. Up to now, TMV is continuously re-granted ISO 14001 certificate. In October, 2017, TMV completed the upgrade of its Environmental Management System according to the requirements of the latest 2015 version of ISO 14001.
Chứng chỉ ISO 14001
As one of the most important targets in its environmental policy, TMV always pays close attention to wastewater treatment at its source and continually focuses on investing and researching to discover the best solutions for treatment. With an concentrated and modern wastewater treatment facility invested millions of US dollars, TMV has developed a wastewater treatment process that meets all the standards required by Vietnamese law (column A-the Vietnamese Standard QCVN 40:2011/BTNMT). Wastewater (including domestic effluents, industrial effluents with chemicals) is fed into three tanks and then passed through physicochemical and biochemical treatment process. After standard treatment, wastewater is discharged into the Detension Basin. The capacity of the plant’s wastewater treatment system reaches 450m3 per day and night.
Hệ thống xử lý nước thải tại nhà máy
With the goal of “Continuously improving the quality of wastewater treatment”, TMV continues to invest in wastewater treatment system equipment and human resources to oversee all operations, including the following specific activities
- In 2009: Construct and implement of Niken pre-treatment stations with the capacity of 48m3 per day (to improve the capacity of nickel treatment for wastewater treatment system) with an investment of about USD 350,000
- In 2013: Construct and put into operation of Nitrogen treatment tank with an investment of approximately USD 215,000
- In 2015: Construct of an additional wastewater discharge tank, which has capacity of 300m3 with an investment of about USD 200,000. This tank functions are to equalize wastewater when the quantity and quality of wastewater input or output are unstable
- In 2018: Invest in an automatic monitoring system of wastewater quality with an investment of USD 130,000. The system is capable of analyzing and storing five parameters (COD, TSS, Ni, T-N, T-P) to help TMV to control wastewater quality better and handle any abnormalities
In addition, TMV also equipped an internal laboratory to check thequalityofinputwastewater,aswellastheprocessingstages, ensuring operations of the wastewater treatment system always optimal and the wastewater output meets qualityrequirements.
In order to prevent environmental pollution from waste and solid waste at TMV’s plant, we have been always calling and implementing waste reduction with following priority: waste reduction - re-use of materials and waste recycling. Waste will be classified at source and separated into 3 main categories: hazardous waste, recycling waste and organic waste. After that, it will be stored in different areas and waiting for treatment with standardprocess.Especiallyforhazardouswaste,TMVnotonly complies with the Vietnam law but also the “Zero landfill” policy ofMotorCorporationwhichaimstostrengthenprotection ofsoilandwater,aswellastheecosystemingeneral.
At present, the transportation and handling of all types of hazardous waste of TMV is carried out by Green Industrial Environment Co., Ltd
The 3rd challenge in Toyota Environmental challenge and target to 2050: Plant zero CO2 emissions
Under the direction of Toyota Motor Corporation in general, and commitment in the environment action plan of Toyota Motor Asia
- Pacific in particular, TMV has been implementing many activities at the plant to reduce CO2 emissions into the environment (the amount of CO2 emission is calculated from consumed electricity and fuel during the production at plant).
Since 2013, TMV has set up the Energy Committee and issued Energy Policy to further promote energy efficiency. From March 2017 to the end of February 2019, TMV has effectively cut out 2,020 tons of CO2 emissions through the following activities:
- Installing inverters for UF1 pump engines in Frame shop: save 22,680 kwh/year
- Make a pipeline to connect two water supply pumps for painting the Base and Clear painting of Bumper, for running alternatively in Painting shop: save 32,400 kwh/year
- Change the control program to turn off the circulating pump system in ED process (Painting shop) during lunch break: save 13,000 kwh/year- Adjust running time of ED #1 and Heat up Toatcoat (action when drying product): save: 14,850 liters of diesel/year
- Replace chemicals for degreasing tank to reduce operating temperature from 48oC to 40oC reducing the need for input hot air, thus saving diesel for boiler’s operation
In Vietnam and many countries around the world, products, which contain hazardous or toxic components that can be harmful for the environment, have not been collected and treated suitably after use or by expiry time. Automobile products and some automobile components are also items to be controlled, according to the Decision No. 16/2015 / QD-TTg (dated May 22nd 2015) by Vietnam’s Prime Minister to regulate the collection and handling of discarded products. This decision requires manufacturers, importers to establish discarded product collection point. TMV has set up a discarded product collection point for items such as battery, CPU, camera, CD-DVD, air-conditioner, tires, lubricant and discarded cars. TMV has also signed contract with a specialized unit to handle discarded products in accordance with the provisions of the Law.
Xử lý sản phẩm thải bỏ
It is also the 5th challenge in Toyota Environmental challenge and target to 2050 - Establishing a future society in harmony with nature based on recycling. To be ready to receive and dispose of discarded cars, TMV has tested how to handle and demolish 2 discarded cars, thereby standardizing the implementation process with the ultimate goal of protecting environment
Currently, TMV’s discarded product collection point is located at Green Industry Environment Co., Ltd
Address: 2 highway, Xuan Mai, Phuc Thang ward, Phuc Yen city, Vinh Phuc province
Phone: (0211) 3869994
Since 1973, Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) has launched and chose June as “Global Toyota Environment Month”. During this month, many programs and activities related to environmental protection in the community in general and in the corporation’s factories in particular are held. By 2003, Toyota Environment Month was officially applied in all Toyota affiliates around the world
In TMV, many environmental activities are mobilized to all Toyota staff such as: conveying the environmental message of TMC’s President; organizing the signing ceremony of environmental protection commitment; launching the Environment Photo contest for individuals; Eco-garden contest for departments; displaying environmental posters with yearly concept and calling for members for implementation; show environmental video clip during lunch time at canteen, etc
In addition, since 2018, the Toyota Environment Month has been introduced to TMV’s suppliers and dealers through the Environment Photo contest on social networks, which has contributed to spread the message of environment protection to all employees of Toyota’s dealers and suppliers as well as in the community
The Toyota Environment Month has contributed to raise awareness of environmental protection for employees in the Toyota’s dealers and suppliers, from which, contribute to the environmental protection in Vietnam.
After joining the Green Office program, which was organized by the Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF) in 2008, TMV opened many 5S/Green Office training courses for raising awareness of environmental protection at the workplace for office staff
s. After the training courses, TMV implemented many specific activities in Headquarters, at the Ho Chi Minh branch and Hanoi branch such as: reducing energy consumption from lighting and office devices (printers, photocopiers, ...), electric equipment (air conditioner, water heater ...), using energy saving devices, investing in new energy (renewable energy); saving materials (using 2-sided paper, electronic files instead of paper....); waste sorting at the source...Therefore, in August 2009, TMV received the Green Office certificate granted by the WWF.
Cuộc thi vườn sinh thái